Limestone County engineer Marc Massey presented the county’s Rebuild Alabama annual report for fiscal year 2022 at Tuesday’s Limestone County Commission meeting. The report is required by the Rebuild Alabama Act.
“We completed five road sections: Sandlin Road, McKee Road, Snake Road, Capshaw Road and Seven Mile Post Road for 12.27 miles at a cost of $1,370,136.75. We made more revenue than I initially estimated,” Massey said. “I was estimating about $1.2 million and we actually got $1,464,272.85. We also used our $400,000 in Federal Aid Exchange Funds.”
The approximately $400,000 in additional revenue received will carry over to this year.
The Limestone County Commission approved the following business items.
• A resolution authorizing the Chairperson to solicit funds from the Local Assistance and Tribal Consistency Funds.
• Award offer 2802 to NAFECO for sheriff’s dispatch and prison uniforms.
• Awarded Offer 2804 to Motorola Solutions Inc. for $2,509,991.95 (AARPA funding) Repeater/Infrastructure for Sheriff’s Office P25.
• Win bid 2806 to print security envelopes for Checkomatic, Inc.’s $260 job.
• Transfer Sydnae Townsend from a Transportation Officer to a School Resource Office effective January 17, 2023.
• Hire Jonathon Mora as a Correctional Officer effective January 17, 2023 pending a drug screening.
• Hire Danjuma Stevenson as a Correctional Officer effective January 17, 2023 pending a drug screening.
• Promoted Daxton Gilbert and Spencer Wimborough from Equipment Operator II to Equipment Operator III in District 2.
• Final Permission for Kennesaw Creek Phase 3, a major subdivision creating 41 properties in District 2 on the south side of Nick Davis Road west of Jones Road.
• Provisional and Final Permission for Lapington Acres to create two properties in District 4 on the south side of Lapington Road approximately ¼ mile east of the intersection with Bill Black Road.
• Remove a JD 5101 E tractor from inventory (District 4).
• Take a District 4 Bitumen Gluer to the Engine Room.
• Sell 2023 Mack Dump Trucks through the JM Wood Auction Company March 21-24, 2023 or the June 2023 auction.
• Purchase and financing of ten 2024 Kenworth T880S dump trucks and two 2024 Kenworth T880 Lo-Boy tractors.
• Approve the offer for the purchase of real estate on Highway 127 and authorize the chairman to submit all necessary documents to purchase the real estate based on an offer price of $19,000 per acre for no more than 22 acres and other conditions as recommended by the district attorney , to create.
• Appointed Collin Daly to the Tennessee Valley Youth Services Board effective January 17, 2023.
The next meeting of the Limestone County Commission will be held on Monday, February 6, 2023 at 9 a.m. in the Clinton Street Courthouse Annex.