TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Second-place Alabama (17-2, 7-0 SEC) host Mississippi State (12-7, 1-6) tonight at the Coleman Coliseum. The SEC matchup will be broadcast at 8:00 PM CT on the SEC Network.
This is the second meeting between these two teams this season. The Crimson Tide opened the SEC game on December 28 with a 78-67 win over the Bulldogs in Starkville, MissIt boasts two of the best defenses in the SEC, as Alabama is No. 3 in the nation in field goal defense percentage (.369) and the Bulldogs is No. 16 in the country (.390).
Game Links: LOOK AT | HEAR | STATISTICS
Follow live updates and analysis in the area below by refreshing the page and join the discussion in the BamaOnLine Round Table by connection thread CLICK HERE.
– Who will be making calls for SEC Network: Roy Philpott and Mark Wise.
– Tonight’s Acting Crew: Terry Oglesby, Mike Nance and Wil Howard.
– Alabama starters against Miss State: Jaden Bradley, Mark Sears, Charles Bediako, Noah Clowney and Brandon Miller.
– MSU 10, Alabama 2 (15:31) | State is on an 8-0 run after Miller’s monster dunk. The Tide is 1-to-6 from the field and 0-to-3 from 3 at the game’s first media timeout.
– MSU 16, Alabama 9 (11:16) | Dom Welch knocks down a much-needed 3 to reduce the state’s lead to 5. But the Bulldogs respond with a bucket. So far they have scored 14 of their 16 points in paint.
– Charles Bediako picks up his second foul at the 10:11 mark of the 1H. Here comes Nick Pringle.
– MSU 24, Alabama 14 (7:11) | Nick Pringle hit 5 straight for The Tide to reduce it to 6 but State keeps making shots. Bulldogs are 12-for-22 in those under 8 TO.
– MSU 31, Alabama 22 (3:40) | Charles Bediako now up to three fouls on the U4 Media TO. Meanwhile, State Big Tolu Smith has a game-high 10 points.
– No foul was charged on the state after review after Noah Clowney was found to have elbowed his head.
— Charlie Potter (@Charlie_Potter) January 26, 2023
– MSU 43, Alabama 35 (15:29) | UA opens the second with 4 quick points, but State again neutralizes a tide run and rebuilds their lead.
– Charles Bediako earned his fourth foul with 12:48 in the game to go.
– MSU 46, #Alabama 39 (12:27) | State is 0 for the last 4 and 4-for-11 in the 2H compared to 4-for-9 for the tide. However, MSU continues to respond to each of the UA runs.
Did you know that BOL has a podcast? The BamaOnLine podcast brings you the latest Alabama news and insights from Travis Reier, Charlie Potter, Hank South and Tim Watts. Watch the latest episode exactly here or subscribe on iTunes today!
Contact Charlie Potter via personal message or on Twitter (@Charlie_Potter).