The Alabama State Hornets (6-13, 4-2 SWAC) will be looking to continue a four-game home win streak when they take on the Texas Southern Tigers (6-14, 2-5 SWAC) on Monday, Jan. 23, 2023 at Dunn-Oliver Acadome, airing at 8:30 p.m. ET. Read on for betting insights and stats to help you place a bet on the Tigers (win on the money line) contest against the Hornets ( ).
The insights below reflect the odds as of January 23, 2023 at 1:45 am ET. Keep scrolling to take a look at the latest odds for this competition and bet $5 get $150 win or lose.
Texas Southern Vs Alabama State Betting Lines
State of Alabama (+3)
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (Raw Power Score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power scores.
Texas Southern Vs Alabama State Stats Ranking
|Texas Southern Avg. (Rank)||State of Alabama Avg. (Rank)|
|69.2 (237th)||Scored||64.8 (333rd)|
|73.5 (288th)||points allowed||75.9 (330th)|
|35.4 (94th)||rebounds||35.5 (91st)|
|11.2 (55.)||Out. rebounds||11.7 (32nd)|
|4.4 (358.)||3pt done||6.7 (256th)|
|11.9 (284.)||assists||10.6 (343.)|
|14.3 (322.)||sales||13.1 (259.)|
Texas Southern vs Alabama State betting trends
- The Tigers have covered the spread five times in 18 games.
- Texas Southern does not have an ATS win (0-7) as a 3-point favorite or higher this season.
- The Tigers have seen eight of their 18 games reach the end.
- Texas Southern and their opponent have broken the 139-point mark nine times this year.
- The overall point average for Tigers games this season is 142.7, 3.7 points more than the over/under for this encounter.
- Alabama State’s record against the spread is 12-6-0.
- The Hornets have an ATS record of 9-6 as a 3-point underdog or more.
- Texas Southern has played 18 games this year and eight of them have reached the over.
- Hornets games have had over 139 points seven times this year.
- Alabama State’s total game points average is 140.7 points, 1.7 more than this game’s over/under.
Best betting sites for Texas Southern vs Alabama State
Texas Southern Impact player
- John Walker III averages 12.2 points, 4.1 rebounds and 1.3 assists per game. At the other end, he’s delivering 0.5 steals and 1.3 blocked shots.
- Zytarious Mortle averages 10.5 points, 4.3 rebounds, and 1.1 assists per game and shoots 48.3% from the field.
- Joirdon Karl Nichols is averaging 11 points, 8.3 rebounds and 1.5 assists per game and shooting 51.2% from the floor.
- Kehlin Farooq is the best of his roster in rebounds per contest (4.5) and also has 6.3 points and 1 assist. At the other end, he averages 0.6 steals and 0.5 blocks.
Alabama State Impact player
- Antonio TJ Madlock is the Hornets’ all-time top assist (3.2 per game) with 11.2 points and 6 rebounds.
- Isaiah Range tops the Hornets in scoring (14.5 points per game) and assists (1.3) and 3.5 rebounds. He also has 1.1 steals and 0.3 blocked shots.
- The Hornets are getting 9.8 points, 5.3 rebounds and 2.9 assists per game from Alex Anderson.
- The Hornets are getting 7.3 points, 5.7 rebounds and 0.5 assists per game from Duane Posey.
- Jordan O’Neal is the Hornets’ top rebounder (7.3 per game) with 7.1 points and 0.4 assists.