The transfer portal closed on Wednesday evening at midnight for new entries. There were no last-minute signings of football players from Alabama.
The portal remains open to all players who have entered but have not yet found a new school. It will reopen to new entries for two weeks in May. As before the creation of the portal, graduates can switch at any time.
At this point, 14 scholarship players from Alabama have entered the transfer portal this cycle. Nick Saban only added one player via the transfer portal. He is tight end CJ Dippre, who transferred from Maryland.
The Alabama Football Transfer Portal is ending with new teams
Although rare, players can enter the transfer portal, change their mind, and return to their school. That’s what happened to Jaylen Moody in the last transfer cycle.
- Braylen Ingraham – Redshirt junior defensive lineman transferred to Syracuse from the Crimson Tide
- Trey Sanders – Redshirt Junior Running Back joins the TCU Horned Frogs
- Tanner Bowles – Redshirt senior offensive lineman transfers to the Kentucky Wildcats
- JoJo Earle – Sophomore wide receivers transferred to the TCU Horned Frogs
- Thomas Brockermeyer – Redshirt freshman offensive lineman transfers to the TCU Horned Frogs
- Christian Leary – Sophomore wide receiver and running back joined the Georgia Tech Yellowjackets after initially announcing a transfer to Central Florida
- Javion Cohen – Junior offensive lineman joins the Miami Hurricanes
- Traeshon Holden – Junior wide receiver traded to the Oregon Ducks
- Amari Kight – Redshirt junior offensive lineman transferred to Central Florida
- Dameon George – Junior offensive lineman joins the Florida Gators
- Kyree Jackson – Junior defensive back traded to the Oregon Ducks
- Aaron Anderson – Freshman wide receiver transferred to the LSU Bengal Tigers
Of the 12 Alabama ex-football players who have started new teams, Javion Cohen is the one with the most starting experience. JoJo Earle, Traeshon Holden, Damieon George and Khyree Jackson also earned a few starts for the Crimson Tide.
Many Alabama fans believe the biggest loss to the Alabama roster is receiver Aaron Anderson.
Alabama Football Transfer Portal Exits looking for new teams
- Tyler Harell – Red shirt junior wide receiver
- Demoy Kennedy – junior linebacker
Harrell saw little action in his one season in Tuscaloosa. Kennedy was a key Special Teams player.
Note: On3 provides a transfer portal tracker which is used in this post.
There will be more transfer exits for the Crimson Tide. Nick Saban is also expected to add two to four transfer additions for key roles.